I am an information professional with an interdisciplinary academic background, interests in many flavors of technology, and a penchant toward foodie/music/film snobbery. I am primarily interested in the future of academic publishing and digital humanities, and I dabble in data services, digital pedagogy, and more. I am proud to have started my career as the Scholarly Communication Librarian at Florida State University, my alma mater thrice over. I also have an undying love for the academic study of contemporary popular culture.
Some brief details:
- My CV is here
- I will serve as a Fulbright-Schuman Research Fellow, conducting research on open research polices and infrastructure in Maastrict - The Netherlands, the birthplace of the European Union, and at the Royal Danish Library in Copenhagen, Denmark in the winter of 2018-2019.
- After working at Florida State for 7 years, also my alma mater thrice over, I am so excited to be investing in a new phase of my career as the Open Knowledge Librarian at North Carolina State University Libraries.
Other things I’ve gotten myself involved in:
- Member of the inaugural THATCamp Council
- Served on the Coordinating Committee of COAPI (2013-2015)
- Editorial Board member for the Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication
Current, official, working bio:
As the Open Knowledge Librarian at NCSU Libraries, Micah builds programs, initiatives, and communities around the idea that "open" is a core and defining principle of our current era. Micah serves on the editorial board for the Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication, and will be a 2018-2019 Fulbright-Schuman Fellow studying open research practices and infrastructure in The Netherlands and Denmark.